Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ✩ ANIME
MHA Discussion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SoftVampHeir_001

Liberal Explorer

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 4:45 pm
I know some may be discouraged from the series as a whole due to the fandom surrounding it, but I want to find those who want to openly talk about MHA. This includes the main series, any shoot-off series, any/all games (ones that either include cameos of MHA characters or are MHA-based games themselves), and even fan works.

The only thing I ask is - please be civil. We are here to discuss, not start a war. And I know MHA is often a target for such discourse, but I want this to be a friendly space for everyone who does enjoy the series in their own way.

Now, here are a few questions to get started:
- Are you new to MHA? How long have you been a fan for?
- Whom is your favorite hero/villain?
- Which season is your favorite?
- What is one thing you love about MHA?
- What is one thing you dislike/hate about MHA?
- Are you openly a fan? Do you collect any merch?
- Do you play any of the MHA games (One Hero's Justice, My Hero Ultra Rumble, etc)?
- Have an OC? (you can share art and writings of them if you want, just keep it in spoilers!)
- If you were in MHA, what quirk would you wanna have? Would you be a villain, vigilante, or hero?
- Do you kin/relate to any of the characters?

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 4:46 pm
My Answers:

Are you new to MHA? How long have you been a fan for?
I've known about MHA since around 2017, but I've been watching since 2020. I then started reading the manga in 2022.

Whom is your favorite hero/villain?
My favorite hero is Fatgum, while my favorite villain is Dabi.

Which season is your favorite?
Season 6 (Deku Vigilante Arc).

What is one thing you love about MHA?
I enjoy that it does delve into how heroism/villainy are not truly real, it's just people living their lives and how society twists that to create unecessary 'heroes' and 'villains'. Also, I love Hori's art style a lot.

What is one thing you dislike/hate about MHA?
After season 3 (Overhaul Arc), the story and its writing really started falling off. Also, it doesn't really get too dystopian - we get hints of it in s6, but that's it.

Are you openly a fan? Do you collect any merch?
Yes I am, and everyone I know makes fun of me for it. But it's chill, they get me MHA merch and I'm happy.

Do you play any of the MHA games (One Hero's Justice, My Hero Ultra Rumble, etc)?
I play mostly Ultra Rumble, but I do have One's Justice 2 (the Deluxe edition).

Have an OC? (you can share art and writings of them if you want, just keep it in spoilers!)

I do, quite a few actually. But I keep them on my Tumblr and my Toyhouse, I really don't share them all that much.

If you were in MHA, what quirk would you wanna have? Would you be a villain, vigilante, or hero?
I'd want a Vampire Quirk, and I'd 100% be a villain. Probably get along really well with Toga and Shigaraki as well.

Do you kin/relate to any of the characters?
I kin both Bakugo and Dabi. Bakugo because I have his same temper/anger issues, and Dabi because his trauma is extremely similar to mine.

SoftVampHeir_001

Liberal Explorer

SoftVampHeir_001

Liberal Explorer

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 4:47 pm
(( RESERVED ))

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 4:22 pm
I love My Hero Academia! My favorite hero characters are Shoto and Tamaki. My favorite villian is Dabi. 3nodding  

DrBlackJack21

Feral Cat

3,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100

SoftVampHeir_001

Liberal Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm
DrBlackJack21
I love My Hero Academia! My favorite hero characters are Shoto and Tamaki. My favorite villian is Dabi. 3nodding

Yes, Dabi is best boi heart

Oh, you mean Suneater? He's pretty cool, though in that Big Three I like Mirio (LeMillion) the most. With the main Big Three, I like Deku the most (I have the most merch for him hehe). Any other villains you like?

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 5:53 pm
My Hero is great! Unfortunately the fandom has definitely put me off lately but I still love the story (have watched through 4 seasons and read just a little past that....not caught up)

Are you new to MHA? How long have you been a fan for?
Been a fan since 2018
Whom is your favorite hero/villain?
favorite hero: PRESENT MIC!!!! <3 favorite villain: Twice! :3
Which season is your favorite?
2nd season, lots of Mic lol
What is one thing you love about MHA?
the characters and creativity of the quirks
What is one thing you dislike/hate about MHA?
regrettably the fandom...but for the actual manga/anime, I hate Shigaraki's back story and how OP Deku is becoming...
Are you openly a fan? Do you collect any merch?
Very much so, I cosplay Present Mic regularly to most cons I attend and also do Toga, Twice, Deku, Mirio, and have costested a few others...I collect any and all Present Mic merch (the very few that there is...lol)
Do you play any of the MHA games (One Hero's Justice, My Hero Ultra Rumble, etc)?
I've played most of One Hero's Justice
Have an OC? (you can share art and writings of them if you want, just keep it in spoilers!)
I used to be a part of a 2nd gen RP group on Discord (but was kicked out due to drama happening with the hosts...bad time...), so I have about...10 or more OCs lol but all are the kids of someone (will gladly discuss them if asked...I haven't been able to use them for about 4 years now...I even used to cosplay them!)
If you were in MHA, what quirk would you wanna have? Would you be a villain, vigilante, or hero?
I'd probably say Mirio's...it's like the ultimate cheat code! XD But I'd probably be a hero...maybe a vigilante so I less responsibilities...
Do you kin/relate to any of the characters?
regretably, I am too much like Present Mic...! XD Loud and annoying! <3  

Dalgonlily9

Edgy Fairy

19,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
  • The Edgiest 250

SoftVampHeir_001

Liberal Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 6:09 pm
Dalgonlily9

ngl, I used to not like Present Mic until his actual story started to kick in. Poor guy, he wants to be like Aizawa so much after what happened with Oboro (and then Midnight). I very much sympathize for Mic now, even if his Hero design isn't really my favorite.

Ooh, Mirio's quirk eh? I can agree, his is pretty cool. But I'd definitely forget I had it 90% of the time, I'd just fall through the Earth and be catapulted right out of it every five minutes.

I get the impression you like the blonde and loud/excitable characters. Which, honestly, is a whole vibe. I personally like the 'emo' characters a lot more, I feel like I'd vibe with them the most because I'm not super high energy all the time (maybe I'd be a peppy goth hehe).

I'd honestly LOVE to see your cosplays and OC's, if you're ok with sharing that stuff of course. I have found some pretty good Mic cosplayers before, but only ones where his hair doesn't make him look like a Troll doll (I affectionately call him 'Troll Boi' hehe). There's actually one I follow on TikTok, their content is mainly Mic during his job as a radio host and it's a lot of LGBT stuff but it's so sweet and they use that interpretation of him to help others IRL.

Yeah, I am part of the fandom. So I've seen the craziness, but honestly ALL fandoms are like that. It's just MHA peaked in 2020, when non-geeks got into anime and didn't know the rules/etiquette of fandoms in general. So it's not the series or creator's fault, it's just the timing of everything. But hey, I remember the days of Hetalia and I was really into that fandom for awhile (the Ao Oni based story/game was peak back then). But I promise, there are good fans out there who aren't doing the bad stuff. If you want, I can recommend a couple I've found both on Tumblr and on TikTok if you wanna see what I mean (I don't use Twitter).

I do agree, Deku is SO OP. I don't know where you are in the series, but I keep up to date on the manga and OH BOY you're in for a ride. Seriously, I'm not gonna spoil anything because the 2nd War is worth going in blind for.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 7:02 pm
Answers:

- Are you new to MHA? How long have you been a fan for? No, not new. I can't remember when I started getting into it. I am behind a couple manga chapters.

- Whom is your favorite hero/villain? favorite hero is obvious (I would think), it's Aizawa. Villain is probably Dabi.

- Which season is your favorite? I'm a manga only rn.

- Are you openly a fan? Do you collect any merch? Yes. And I have a whole plastic storage container full of collectables.

- Do you play any of the MHA games (One Hero's Justice, My Hero Ultra Rumble, etc)? No

- Have an OC? (you can share art and writings of them if you want, just keep it in spoilers!) Yes, and no. They are not necessarily mha, but they do have powers, etc.

- If you were in MHA, what quirk would you wanna have? Would you be a villain, vigilante, or hero?

- Do you kin/relate to any of the characters?  

Mrs Aizawa

Blessed Senshi

12,815 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 6:26 am
- Are you new to MHA? How long have you been a fan for?
well I have been a MHA fan since season 1
- Whom is your favorite hero/villain?
Fav Hero- Bakugo
Fav villain- IDK don't have one
- Which season is your favorite?
I guess the Season 1 because character devolopement
Everyone is smart usually in most anime we see only The MC or Villains being smart
but in MHA people like the police are smart to figure out villain hideouts.
I wish for longer season like naruto , multiple people to keep track of but little screen time.
- Are you openly a fan? Do you collect any merch?
I am a fan , I cosplay bakugo(female version) at cons
- Have an OC?
well don't have an OC yet.
- If you were in MHA, what quirk would you wanna have?
well I would like to to create and control elemental sphere bullets with a snap of my figures or copy a fighting move just by looking for a limited time...  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:43 am
nena_sakura

Ah, a fellow Bakugo fan <3

Really, season one? It is true, there is the most development there especially for Deku. But I'd say s2 is way better with that, especially with Bakugo. His development really is amazing to see play out.

Longer seasons? Well, the pace did speed up after s3. So I can see why. And Naruto is a good show, I rewatch certain seasons of it very often myself. But more characters? I think the issue with MHA is, aside from the key few, the others don't get enough development to really matter too much. Because once they have their 'arc', they fade into the background until they're needed later.

So...like Monoma's quirk? I can see that, copying quirks is pretty OP. Though, the sphere bullets are pretty cool too.

I am glad the police in MHA are actually smart. But they still aren't super useful either, they let the heroes take care of things. The only exception is the cop that works directly with All Might, he's really cool.

SoftVampHeir_001

Liberal Explorer

DrBlackJack21

Feral Cat

3,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 10:53 am
SoftVampHeir_001
DrBlackJack21

Yes, Dabi is best boi heart

Oh, you mean Suneater? He's pretty cool, though in that Big Three I like Mirio (LeMillion) the most. With the main Big Three, I like Deku the most (I have the most merch for him hehe). Any other villains you like?

Tomura Shigaraki also stood out to me. He's pretty creepy.  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 11:13 am
DrBlackJack21

Tomura Shigaraki also stood out to me. He's pretty creepy.

Yeah, he is. But this backstory...oh my gosh, it is f**ked up. I don't know how far you are in the series, so I don't wanna spoil anything. Just a fair warning, it is a whole mind f**k.

SoftVampHeir_001

Liberal Explorer

✩ ANIME

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces